MA English 2017
Institute Name :
Fergusson College (Autonomous) Pune - Department of English
For Technical help Contact : 9552586428 ( Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 6.00 pm)
M.A. (English) course with its focus on various Literature and Language components will provide a unique opportunity to students to obtain communication skills that will enable them to pursue their career in diverse fields like teaching, research, media, technical writing, journalism, creative writing and so on. It gives students an exposure to the artistic and innovative use of language employed by various literary figures belonging to different literary canons and countries. Along with linguistic competence, the course introduces unique literary texts that help to instill values and develop human concern in students.
This is a Two year full time course with four semesters and is intended preferably for graduates in English. The basic aims/objectives of this course are to:
- Acquaint students with different theoretical and practical aspects of language and literary theory.
- Cultivate their literary sensibility and develop critical thinking for the proper appreciation of texts.
- Sensitize them to reflect on universal human concerns.
- To enhance their understanding of cultural studies.
- To provide exposure to different approaches, methods and techniques of teaching English Language and Literature.
Rs.400/- for open category and Rs. 250/- for reserved category.
Eligibility : -
Important Dates :
- B.A. English ( FIRST PREFERENCE) For S.P.P.U. students 50% weightage to total of Eng. Special+Gen marks(S1+S2+G2+S3+S4+G3) & 50 % weightage to Entrance Marks.
- Graduate Degree (Any stream- Including B.A. in subjects other than English)100% weightage to Entrance marks.
- For Non- SP Pune University students 100% weightage to Entrance marks.
|End Date of Online application||: ||15th June 2017|
Date of Entrance Test
|:|| 22nd June 2017 - (11.30am to 01.00 pm)|
|Date of declaration of result of the Entrance test||:|| 27th June 2017 Saturday (For candidates other than SPPU and other than English)|